----Copyright Consulate General of Mexico in New York, 2001  All Rights Reserved.

  Birth Registration for
       Mexican Nationals

  Marriage of Mexican
       husband and wife

  Import of Household
      Goods for Mexican Nationals

  Pension Collection 

  Permit for Import
      of Controlled Substances

Marriage of Mexican Husband and Mexican wife 

The Consul General of Mexico in New York is empowered to perform only civil weddings in which both the bride and groom are Mexican Nationals. 
For information in Spanish regarding civil weddings for Mexican couples, click here.

If either the groom or the bride is a foreign national, in order to obtain legal value of the marriage in Mexico, the two options are:

The couple can marry in Mexican Territory, with the local Civil Registrar. Read more

The couple can marry in a foreign country and obtain an apostille of their Marriage Certificate to confer legal value to the document in Mexico. For information on apostilles, click here

The Civil Registrar of Mexico provided other services to the foreign community until recent changes were made to the Law. For information on divorce certificates and other services, please write to: