----Copyright Consulate General of Mexico in New York, 2001  All Rights Reserved.

  Birth Registration for
       Mexican Nationals

  Marriage of Mexican
       husband and wife

  Import of Household
      Goods for Mexican Nationals

  Pension Collection 

  Permit for Import
      of Controlled Substances

Birth Registration for Mexican Nationals

Resulting from the legislation changes effective as of march of 1998, Mexican nationals who naturalize citizens of other countries, or persons who are born abroad from at least one Mexican parent, are entitled to the Mexican citizenship.

If your child was born abroad to a Mexican parent, it is recommended to register his birth before a Consulate or Embassy of Mexico, to insure the child the benefits of dual citizenship.

For a list of requirements and an explanation of the procedure in Spanish, please click on the following link:


If you are a national of another country who wishes to marry in Mexico, click here.

The Civil Registrar of Mexico provided other services to the foreign community until recent changes were made to the Law. For information on divorce certificates and other services, please write to: